Packing Do's and Dont's
Need help packing?
Use our handy packing list!
- Travel Documents. On boarding day, you should bring your printed e-documents with you as well as a PASSPORT. If you forget everything else, please remember your documents. (Read more about proper identification ).
- Clothing or costumes for our THEME NIGHTS.
- Please plan to carry on any fine wine or champagne you wish to enjoy on the cruise. You will pay the corkage fee in the port. To speed up the process of checking your wine or champagne at the port, print out this form and bring it with you. DON'T PACK ANY ALCOHOL IN YOUR LUGGAGE.
- Bring cash, if you plan to purchase items while in port.
- Lots of sunscreen!
- Please plan to carry on with you any essentials, particularly any medication or valuables, since it could take several hours for your checked bags to be delivered to your cabin. You can carry on items that measure 24''w x 16''h (there is no restriction on the length of the bag). Be sure you keep your boarding documentation with you (passport, etc). DON’T PACK YOUR PASSPORT IN YOUR CHECKED BAG.
- Power strips. These are now prohibited by Norwegian Cruise Line.
- You don’t need to bring a beach towel (they’re supplied on board).
- Hair Dryers. There are hair dryers included in all room types.
- Things to sell. No vending will be allowed on board.
- A Samsung Galaxy Note7. These are now prohibited by Norwegian Cruise Line.
- NON-ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES. Guests are prohibited from bringing soft drinks, water, juice, and other non-alcoholic drinks on board. See our beverage policy for more details.
- ALCOHOL AND ILLEGAL SUBSTANCES. Guests are prohibited from bringing liquor and beer on board. However, fine wine or champagne may be brought on board during embarkation. See our alcohol policy for more details. The legal drinking age on board is 21 and is strictly enforced. Alcoholic beverages purchased in a foreign port, or in the ship's gift shop, will be retained by Norwegian until the cruise is completed. Absolutely NO illegal substances are permitted and all persons and bags are subject to search by US Customs during embarkation and debarkation.
What else can't I bring onboard? Per Norwegian Policy: Passengers are not allowed to bring on board the vessel any firearms, weapons of any kind, ammunition, explosive substances or any goods of a dangerous nature, nor animals of any kind, except service or guide animals, provided the passenger notifies Carrier prior to the cruise of his intention to bring such animal and agrees to take sole responsibility for any expense, damage, injuries or losses associated with or caused by such animal.